Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just thought it would be fun to post a blog on my favorite performers. First one, Laura Michelle Kelly. Currently she is staring in Mary Poppins and is absolutely amazing. I have to say being a huge Julie Andrews fan it took me a while to finally go to see the show. I just could not imagine anyone else but Julie Andrews playing Mary but I was wrong. The show is adorable and filled with Disney's tricks and magics but that's not what I thought was the best part or my favorite. I left the show thinking what a great performer Laura Michelle Kelly is. She plays Mary differently than the film and so is the show but it worked. She is a tougher, hilarious and very confident Mary Poppins yet she still has the gracious and lovable charm she is suppose to have with a perfect voice. Also her solo Cd, The Storm Inside is a great Cd. One of my favorites it is a nice collections of original and cover songs, I def recommend her Cd and a trip to see her in Mary Poppins.

No comments:

Post a Comment