Monday, January 11, 2010

wow i have not posted anything in a while. maybe this year i will blog more. 2009 was such a huge and amazing year for me. yea there was many up and downs but i also had some incredible moments. I thought it would be fun to post my top 10 moments of 2009 in photos.
1. Equality March. The most inspiring day I have ever had and I am so thankful I was able to experience this and capture the unity and love this day was filled with.
2. My first Broadway curtain call! I had no clue what on earth i was doing but this day was beyond exciting even if it only lasted a few minutes. it was thrilling and laura michelle kelly is incredible!
3. My first Tony award experience and hopefully not the last. A day celebrating the season I love and a music hall filled with icons and performers winning awards for their amazing performance was a day I can not forget. I love this season and will not forget it. oh and i got to hold a Tony award, cant beat that.
4. such an unreal moment i did not think would happen. Rock of Ages pretty much landed me my job which I will always remember but rock of ages is a show i fell in love with. The music, show, friends i made and every event and memory I had with this show was amazing and just filled with love. This show means so much to me and I got to photograph the cast at a save the children's event. It was unreal i went from just being a fan taking photos for my self to working for them. unreal, i still don't know if it happened.
5. covering my first opening night. FELA! just within the few minutes at curtain call i felt the passion and life this show has. I loved shooting this.
6. Joe Iconis, I have loved his music for quite some time now and I was thrilled to be able to photograph one of his shows. It was an amazing show and such a joy to photograph.
7. Marathon '33. I got to photograph this one night only performance of Marathon '33 honoring June Havoc. Beautiful performance just wish i could see it again!
8. Alice Ripley, Bebe Neuwirth, Beth Leavel, Laura Benanti, nuff said. It was just hard to take photographs while listening to every word they said.
9. Concerts! by far my favorite things to shoot, small intimate concerts in new york city by some of the best Broadway composers and performers! i get to enjoy a night of great music while photographing one off performances. I just love it!
10. Last event of 2009, an Equality odyssey in hope for 2010! inspiring and amazing performances by the wonderful cast of Hair, this is just my favorite shot from the night, Kacie sheik performing a touching song about love.

hope 2010 brings more photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment